weird turning problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : weird turning problem

jeepmudbogger
04-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I got an 03 GT. If I turn the wheel hard and try accelerating (like at a tight intersection), it acts like the clutch is engaged and the RPM's rev up until the wheel turns straight. Problem is, the car is an automatic. Has anyone had this problem?

KhellendrosxS
04-12-2010, 04:17 PM
As in the car bogs while going through the turn?

jeepmudbogger
04-13-2010, 06:38 AM
No, as in the RPM's will stay the same but the car will not go any faster until the wheel turns straight. Kinda like pushing the clutch pedal down but keeping your foot on the gas and when you turn straight, droping the clutch.....

Pauljp
04-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Perhaps a CV joint is malfunctioning.
Jack up the car, try turning the wheels by hand while they are facing straight ahead.
Then try it with the wheels turned hard left and again hard right to see if you can feel anything funny.
Do this to both wheels.

Pauljp
04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Any update on this thread?

jeepmudbogger
04-22-2010, 11:31 AM
No, I havent had time to get to it. I've been trying to set up a time with a friend to pull the motor in my Jeep.

But on that note, would the CV joint cause it to act like that. It almost seems like an electrical thing to me

hahano404
04-22-2010, 11:55 AM
sux i know. my car does the same. i had my tranny rebuilt but i still have the same problem. at first i was thinkin i was having issues with the diff. but no word from the trans shop saying there was a problem with it.

i notice it mainly while doing u turns. and the only info i get from other people is to check the fluid level.

jeepmudbogger
04-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Yea, I notice it anytime that I have to turn sharply. U-turns, tight corners, ect.....I don't trust some of the shops here so I won't take her to them.