Hesitation during accelerations in 3rd [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation during accelerations in 3rd

juneau
04-19-2010, 07:40 PM
I've been reading a ton of threads on similar surging issues and after locating some video can safely say my issue is different.

My 2002 GAGT has been one hell of a work horse and has one flaw. Its not a persistent problem but comes up while driving on the highway and a pass needs to be made.

Car shifts perfectly out of Overdrive down into 3rd, as I continue to accelerate the RPM pick up and hesitate around 3200, then move up to 3800-4000 and hesitate again. I replaced the plugs and the problem went away for about 1000 miles.

The problem appears when after shifting to pass and more pressure is applied to the accelerator the RPM's hesitate. There is no surging or jumping back and forth or inconsistent RPM outputs.

My GAGT has 210,000 miles and most of the car is actually original parts but has been well maintained. I will try and post some video with a friend in the next few days, as video on other posts helped me determine my issue is different.

I'm not against replacing my PCM, spark plug wires (doing that in the near future anyways), gaskets or some minor tranny work. Some suggestions were dirty MAF and excess carbon build up on the upper portion of the engine.

Any past experiences and comments are welcome

Grandamgtblk99
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Cat converter clogged maybe.

remiljr
04-20-2010, 04:22 PM
sea foam and plug wires would be my move!