Need help with unhooking a cable... Doesnt come out. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need help with unhooking a cable... Doesnt come out.

zukiracer19
04-29-2010, 01:50 PM
The throttle cable that goes through firewall right next to the brake reservoir, How in the hell do you get it out? Do I need to rip apart my dash? I can only pull on it so much and a little bit comes out, it looks like the cable hooks into firewall and you could pull it all out and switch it out right there.

zukiracer19
04-30-2010, 11:29 AM
I pulled plastic peice off underneath the dash, i can see it, but i cant even get my hand up there to unclip it... any suggestions? do i have to take peddle off or what

zukiracer19
04-30-2010, 02:51 PM
i guess they expect us to stick our man bear hands in there and pry the clips together, you must have to be a baby to do this because it sure the hell is easier than it looks. I called a garage he said take pliers and push clips together, Out of all my pliers and channel locks, non of them fit in there... the needle nose will but i cant get a good grip on it.

Can i just break the flush side on the firewall side and pull it down through the peddle? this is the only thing keeping my car from seeing the track lol.

zukiracer19
05-01-2010, 11:01 PM
got it, new one installed, had everything together went to start it and what do ya know fuel is spraying out of fuel rail... pulled uim off, checked seals, replaced the one on the right, but tomorrow im heading to friends shop to find an o ring that will fit on other one... fixed the one, other still leaks. hopefully tomorrow its done so i can go to huge tristatetuners meet