coil pack [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : coil pack

350rs
05-03-2010, 09:09 AM
i have a consistant cylinder 2 missfire. ive already changed plugs and wires and then rechecked that particular plug and wire. Im going to try swapping the 1-2 coil with the 3-4 coil and see if it moves along with the change. Im curious if the BWD part at orielly is worth getting or if i should stick with OE parts? the BWD is 33 while the OE is 77 plus tax! so thats more than enough difference that i want to see if i would be ok with the cheaper BWD part. Or if there is a different source i can go with ( MSD, Accell, whatever) its a factory motor so i dont NEED the performance but if its cheaper i will use it.

Im almost even thinking control module, ill have that checked while i have it apart.

westerndragon
05-03-2010, 09:16 AM
if youve changed plugs and wires my next step would be the coil pack OE or cheap doesnt matter really if you dont care about performance my car needed one at about 140k mi cyl 3 misfire lol

350rs
05-03-2010, 09:41 AM
if nothing else i know the BWD has a limited lifetime and if it goes out or something i can change it. its fairly easy. not to mention CHEAP

thormxkid
05-03-2010, 09:54 PM
what engine codes you got?

350rs
05-03-2010, 10:11 PM
it was showing cylinder 2 misfire. Nothing about a coil ( if that would trip one..) if that doesn't do it i guess the only other thing would be a fuel injector messing up.