2001 Grand Am Cruise Control Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Grand Am Cruise Control Problems

jversagejr
05-03-2010, 08:39 AM
The Cruise Control on my 2001 Grand Am V6 GT1 is not working. After doing some research on this and other forums I have replaced the Cruise Control Module, checked the plug attached to the Module for power, Checked the Switch that attaches to the Brake Pedal. Also, the Light on the ON/OFF Button comes on and the Fuses are fine. Lastly I took apart the Switch Module on the Steering wheel and cleaned the contacts and still nothing.

So based on my research, it seems as if I have checked or replaced all things that would seem to be a problem.

I would appreciate any suggestions as I am starting to get really frustrated.

remiljr
05-04-2010, 11:28 PM
mine was acting up and found that that cover plate at bottom of steering wheel where the buttons are was dropped down a little causing the on off button to not hold and light wouldnt come on. but i assume ur problem is deeper if u have replaced the module, etc. also, no probs with abs light on or anything right? that will hold the cc off as well. gl

westerndragon
05-05-2010, 05:59 AM
did you check the CC throttle cable...

jversagejr
05-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I have basically checked everything and can't figure out what the issue is. The light on the on/off switch comes on and when you start the car the cruise light on the dash lights up and the Cruise Control Cable is connected. I am still puzzled.

Lab Rat
05-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I would suggest you check the brake switch again. There are 2 of them (one for the brake lights and one for the cruise). It just snaps in place and can get out of adjustment. Good luck.

westerndragon
05-06-2010, 12:51 PM
if the light is staying on in the dash panel it might be electrical have you scanned the PCM?

jversagejr
05-06-2010, 01:46 PM
I have already checked the switch for power at the CC Module under the hood and there was power. I guess I will check it again just to make certain it is aligned properly. Thanks for the suggestion.

westerndragon
05-07-2010, 07:35 AM
NO I MEAN USE A SCAN TOOL and get any possible codes it may or may not be throwing out

lvemy3100
05-07-2010, 07:53 AM
check where the cable attaches to the module as well... you will have to disconnect the cable from the throttle body first to do this

burgett2103
05-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Well, I'm not the only one with cruise control not working. I worked a little while ago, then I went to use it, and oh no, it doesn't work.

ltpats
05-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Check your connections at the ABS sensors at each wheel, I had a wheel bearing going bad, then the cruise would work on and off after I replaced the wheel bearing, no more problems.