Fixed fuel leak now running terrible [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fixed fuel leak now running terrible

Ground Hugger
05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Had a fuel leak on the fuel rail. replaced all "O" rings and that fixed the fuel leak.
When I first started the car, 03 w/3400, it ran real rough. Then the RPM's surged from 500 to 1500 RPM's it smoothed out but still revving. when you drive there it very little noticeable serging. But does not drop RPM's when you take your foot of the gas. When I parked and put it out of gear I now have high RPM's 2500. When I put it in gear it drops down to about 1200 RPM's still running a little rough. Is this an air leak in the Upper Intake? Thanks

AaronGTR
05-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a vacuum leak for sure. Could also be an adjustment problem with the throttle plate, or bad IAC valve too.

zukiracer19
05-05-2010, 06:00 PM
^ what he said, are you throwing any codes? I've noticed o2 sensors can throw reving off a lot too, also make your car sound cammed.

Ground Hugger
05-06-2010, 09:38 AM
No codes, but I have a feeling I may have damaged the upper intake manifold gasket. I have new ones on order and will replace on Saturday.

sugar ray
05-07-2010, 02:43 AM
ya......im willing to bet your upper intake gasket is causing your vaccum leak. They are suppose to be replaced everytime your remove the upper intake. SAME thing happened to me when I replaced my lower intake gasket. My old gasket looked to be in good shape so I didn't change the upper gasket despite getting a new one with the kit. I got it all back together and it was idling extremely high and would take off like i was in a drag race once i put it into gear. Changed the upper intake gasket and was golden after that.

good luck, post your findings, has to be a vaccum leak, NOT much was removed while solving your leak

Ground Hugger
05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Replaced the upper manifold gaskets and solved that problem. Now it looks like I have a sensor problem maybe. Running a little rough at idle, barely noticeable. Will do a code check tomorrow.

Ground Hugger
05-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Replaced the upper manifold gaskets and solved that problem. Now it looks like I have a sensor problem maybe. Running a little rough at idle, barely noticeable.;crap Will do a code check tomorrow.

Ground Hugger
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
OK put the OBD reader on and I got a P0201 and a P0301. Bad injector and miss fire on cyl 1. Since I had replaced the O rings on the injectors and had a hard time getting the electrical connector to clip on to the number 1 injector I went back and was able to push down on the connector with a screw driver and heard a definite click.:applause: I then restarted the car and no more rough running.:angel Weired because I put an extra effort into getting this connector to fasten up when I was reassembling everything due to the difficulty I had before to hook it up. But anyway she's fixed now and ready to have new plugs and a new gas filter installed.:D