SC/T Kit on SE [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SC/T Kit on SE

Off10OneDer
05-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone, I've been coming to the site for awhile now reading up on things and Mods for my GA but have never posted anything. I am stuck on an issue and figured id come here first to ask. I own a 2000 Grand Am SE 3.4L. I really like the SC/T body kit but it does not fit on the SE. I read on PFYC's web page that it will fit if you have the GT front and rear fascia. (link provided) http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA1005/GAEXT/Grand+Am+SC-T+Body+Kit.html?a_aid=froogle

I cannot find anywhere to purchase the front and rear fascia off a GT nor instructions on how to install it if I ever do find it. Can someone please help me with this issue? Thank you very much.

myneedforspeed
05-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Go to a junk yard. purchase the front and rear gt bumpers and plastic lower fenderwell inserts, as well as gt door ribs. then buy the kit off pfyc. not too hard to install.

cmtapanes
05-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Is not hard to remove the bumpers... you just have to take out the plastic retainers. For the rear bumper you need to take out the tail lights to access some of the retainers. Not big deal. I'm on the process of doing the gt conversion.

edit: You can always search on eBay.. that's where I got my rear GT bumper (same color of my car). Still searching for the front and side panels.

i_ammetal
05-11-2010, 06:30 PM
WTF, now I'm confused.

I thought the SC-T kits don't fit SE's?

Any pics to back this up?

SikMindz
05-11-2010, 06:32 PM
SC/T kits don't fit on SE's. No one said they did.

Reading comprehension apparently doesn't fit you. :P

He's asking what he needs to convert his SE to a GT and adding SC/T parts.

Tonyyank
05-11-2010, 06:46 PM
sc/t kits don't fit on se's. No one said they did.

Reading comprehension apparently doesn't fit you. :p

he's asking what he needs to convert his se to a gt and adding sc/t parts.

+1

DrFabulous
05-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Is not hard to remove the bumpers... you just have to take out the plastic retainers. For the rear bumper you need to take out the tail lights to access some of the retainers. Not big deal. I'm on the process of doing the gt conversion.

edit: You can always search on eBay.. that's where I got my rear GT bumper (same color of my car). Still searching for the front and side panels.

Just get the RK doors and use the SC/T sides, that'd look pimp

myneedforspeed
05-11-2010, 07:07 PM
i agree. but only if you got rid of the ribs on the front and rear bumpers

i_ammetal
05-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Q: Does the kit fit an SE with front and rear GT fascia pieces?
A: Because the kit was designed to mount to the GT front and rear fascia, if you have installed these pieces on your SE, it should bolt right up to the GT parts.

Q: Do the side rocker pieces fit an SE?
A: Yes, the SE and GT both use the same mounting holes for the side rocker pieces. So if the SC/T rockers fit the GT, they will fit the SE. ** If your SE has the ribbed side door panels, they won't match the SC/T's contours.

Yeah i missed part of it.
Fock me.

SikMindz
05-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Fock me.

I'll pass.

However PL is back in the States soon and there aren't any camels here.... :hay: lol

burgett2103
05-11-2010, 09:18 PM
bahahaha

i_ammetal
05-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll pass.

However PL is back in the States soon and there aren't any camels here.... :hay: lol

Nice thanks for the consideration babe:hay:

02andahalfgt
05-12-2010, 07:56 PM
I'll pass.

I thought your mom was meeting PL at the airport?

SikMindz
05-12-2010, 08:09 PM
I thought your mom was meeting PL at the airport?

Nope. PL only likes malez.

Off10OneDer
05-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I got another question and its off topic, I'm not sure where to post it so I'll just post it here. I've been reading alot about people getting suede interiors in their GA's. I saw some pics and think it looks pretty sick. Where is everyone getting these interiors from? I'm from the Pittsburgh, PA area and I did some google searches and all I found was people using the words "suede interior" on forums as my search results. Any suggestions?

02andahalfgt
05-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Nope. PL only likes malez.

Ah, don't ask, don't tell eh?