slightly rough idle [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : slightly rough idle

burgett2103
05-12-2010, 09:10 PM
For the last two days, me and my dad have done my LIM swap for a ported one. We have everything back in place the right way and everything is bolted down correctly. We forgot what spark plug wires were which, and it took a few tries of starting with misfires until I got online and found a diagram.

As of right now, we have no leaks, besides an antifreeze hose that we are going to reclamp tomorrow. No smell of gas, no leaks around LIM area, and well that made us happy.

Finally get the car started and it runs really rough. Turned it off, and started it again approximately five minutes later and it sounds and runs like a champ. But there is a slight rougher idle that kinda bounces a little bit. As of right now, I have 5 spark plug wires being MSD and one is the stock wire, because while we were tearing it apart, we noticed a mouse had chewed up the end and all it was, was metal on metal so we replaced that with the stock plug wire.

We will probably need to add more antifreeze/coolant tomorrow and we didn't finish putting in the correct amount of oil as i drained it and added a new filter.

So my actual question is could that smaller plug wire be causing the rougher bouncy idle? This is all I can really think of right now that could be causing that, but any input would be great as to what could be causing this.