car seems to be surging when I let of gas [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : car seems to be surging when I let of gas

The_Wraith
05-17-2010, 09:19 AM
I noticed today, when I let of the gas while moving the rpms will drop about 250 and then come back (and it will keep doing this)... and you can kinda feel the car drop back, if I take it out of gear while moving it still does it. If I keep it in gear and come to a complete stop, the rpms will stay steady... while I'm moving at a constant speed, the rpms will stay steady... it's only having the issue when I let off the gas while moving.

The car is a '04 GrandAM GT v6 motor, has about 89k on it.

Anyone have any clue what is going wrong???

thanks...

remiljr
05-17-2010, 02:05 PM
same issue with my 99.. seems like it does it more if i am hard on accel and let off... looking forward to the responses!

juanvan
05-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Plug wires seemed to be what my problem was - from my reading its
Bad Cat - Cloged
Spark plugs or wires
Fuel injectors cloged

The_Wraith
05-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Plug wires seemed to be what my problem was - from my reading its
Bad Cat - Cloged
Spark plugs or wires
Fuel injectors cloged

I changed the wires and plugs about 6k ago... the car runs strong otherwise... and the strange thing is, it does it if I put it in netrual while moving... but onces the cars stopped it's fine... in or out of gear....

now I'm just throwing this out there.... could the tourqe converter be locking and unlocking? becuase it's make no sense who it would be affecting the car in netrule.... like I said, it only doesn't if if the car is moving and I let of the gas completly.... in gear or in neutral... onces it's stop, it idles fine, and when I'm drving normal it's fine...

remiljr
05-17-2010, 09:15 PM
x2