another highway shaking thread. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : another highway shaking thread.

remiljr
05-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Car was driving fine until on my way to work today i saw a srt-4 and decided to have some fun. pulled up next to him and dropped the auto down to 3rd and waived him to go. then took off. wot to about 85 then let off to give him a chance to get around the traffic. 3 lanes of wide open highway at the front of the pack. waited for him to take off about 3 cars back i heard his turbo spool and went back to wot. was at about 75 mph then still in 3rd. held him off till about 110mph then my g/a diddnt have it left in her to cont. its rate of accel. forgot to shift outta third but it being an auto it most likely shifted itself anyhow? wasnt payin attn as my stereo was up and wasnt watching tach ( thought it was in d) then we proceded to play around for another 15 miles or so. got to work. leaving work now the car is shaking bad at speeds of 65, 70 and worse as i speed... seems like front end. searched forums but nothing similar to this. what went bad at this high rate of speed and diddnt mess up til drove home? outer tie rods are new along with rotors and pads, tires are balanced and has a recent allignment. From what ive read it sounds like cv joint or control arm/ball joint? any other advice?
havent had a chance to get under car and check it out. if it makes a difference the pass front tire has alot less tread than the drivers side. but we all know the reason for that. Am i missing anything here?

westerndragon
05-22-2010, 11:16 PM
maybe control arm bushings

skifreak122
05-23-2010, 06:18 AM
any other advice?

Quit racing on public roads. How's that for advice?

Sparky'sGA01
05-23-2010, 07:15 AM
I dont think it shifts outta 3rd like you think.. ive done that before.. drove around town in 3rd and headed out of town and I hit 55 on the highway forgetting and it didnt shift up...

that will probably hurt later...

onesexyga
05-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Maybe did some damage internally to the tire? Is it more to one side than the other? Is it affecting by turning or shifting weight, ie going up or down hill? Could be wheel bearing. Any noises?