Brush Guard, Hub Assembly? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brush Guard, Hub Assembly?

germaphobicmonk
06-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Ok, so I was taking my rims off and cleaning them yesterday, and I noticed the "mud guard" on the front right tire (the black plastic surrounding the tire) was cracked really bad. Bad enough for the tire to sling water, mud, etc. up in there if it's rainy, muddy, etc. I don't know how it happened, I guess it flung a rock up in there or something. But anyways, I have searched eBay for Front Hub Assembly, Brush Guard, and Mudflap, but all I ever get is the wheel bearing part that looks like it holds the rotor on. Can anyone please tell me what in the hell that black plastic part is called so I can replace it A.S.A.P.?

SuburbGT
06-08-2010, 02:37 PM
search for splash guard maybe?

germaphobicmonk
06-08-2010, 02:45 PM
search for splash guard maybe?
I tried that, someone PMed me and said try, "Splash Sheild" and it gave me results. I just know there are two parts the that thing and eBay looks like it only has one.

FuriousG
06-08-2010, 02:55 PM
I searched for that same piece way back when I first got on these forums. Check here for the part numbers: http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63624

I had to order through GMPartsDirect but they are fairly low cost parts and I've had no problem with them in the 4 years they've been on my car.

B Weezy
06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I think its called the moulding..?

Malaclypse
06-08-2010, 05:16 PM
You're looking for the wheelhouse liner, or fender liner.

germaphobicmonk
06-10-2010, 02:13 PM
You're looking for the wheelhouse liner, or fender liner.

Thanks, found it eventually. Not too expensive. Just would like to know how to keep it from cracking again. =/

Malaclypse
06-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks, found it eventually. Not too expensive. Just would like to know how to keep it from cracking again. =/

Wash it every so often. They get brittle over time.

PhantomLover007
06-11-2010, 05:12 AM

Duct tape..... lol lol