How do I install the dome light? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How do I install the dome light?

lone_wolf025
06-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Was driving to work the other day and the dome light fell out of the plastic holder. Now I have no idea how to get the thing back together. If you attach the plastic before putting the light back, you can't get the holder in above the padding. If you put the holder in, I can't get it to reattach to the light because there's nothing holding it steady.

Wtf am I doing wrong here?

Bryan
06-09-2010, 03:07 AM
If you have a sunroof, stick your hand above the headliner and hold the plastic piece in place while installing the dome light. If you don't have a sunroof, you could find something to put between the ceiling and plastic to prevent it from popping out. Maybe a small tape roll or some ish? Kinda ghetto, but it'll do the trick.

DrFabulous
06-09-2010, 07:36 AM
I remember having a bitch of a time getting my done light back in.... I think I popped the headliner loose by the windshield and reached behind the headliner there to get the dome back together. Really stupid design.

juanvan
06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
If you don't have a sun roof its a Huge PITA - sunroof makes it easier but its till a pain.
Its a black plate it goes into - It might have moved around while driving.

lone_wolf025
06-10-2010, 12:58 PM
I have the black plate thing. I'll try putting it back in today and see what happens. I have a sunroof so it shouldn't be TOO much of a PITA knock on wood.

juanvan
06-10-2010, 01:03 PM
do it outside the car so you know what your looking for when you put it in - mine holds I don't know if it will ever fall out again - but it prob will sometime or another

lone_wolf025
06-11-2010, 12:33 AM
I got it. I had to pull the material away from the rubber edging near the sunroof and work my hand through it to push against the thing. Glad I know how now.