Driver seat movement questions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Driver seat movement questions

B Weezy
06-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I have 2 questions, what is that round thing on the front part of the passenger seat? You can turn it while you are sitting down. And then is the seat suppose to move vertical up and down with that switch? If so, mine is broken. Thanks.

AaronGTR
06-10-2010, 08:11 PM
The round twist knob on the front bottom of the seat? That is adjustable lumber support. It doesn't do a whole lot, at least not for me 'cause I'm not fat and my back doesn't bulge into the seat. lol If you press your back into the seat though and turn that knob you can feel it move.

B Weezy
06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
The round twist knob on the front bottom of the seat? That is adjustable lumber support. It doesn't do a whole lot, at least not for me 'cause I'm not fat and my back doesn't bulge into the seat. lol If you press your back into the seat though and turn that knob you can feel it move.

Ahh..thanks. Do you know anything about the vertical movement?

Sleepwalkr
06-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes, the switch is for up/down movement. Mine broke at about 10k miles, had it fixed under warranty... then it went out again about 2 years ago. Apparently its a cheap-ass switch.

B Weezy
06-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Yes, the switch is for up/down movement. Mine broke at about 10k miles, had it fixed under warranty... then it went out again about 2 years ago. Apparently its a cheap-ass switch.

Yeah i'm not going to worry about it. Thanks!

westerndragon
06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
my 6 way switch is still strong in a 11yr old car

young gun
06-11-2010, 03:44 PM
10 yrs still works for me too...granted i have only owned it for 10 months :P

stillriza
06-13-2010, 08:55 AM

would you happen to know what year lumbar was no longer an option on the car?

roadie
11-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I saw it on an '02, but haven't seen it on '03 or newer