Possible A/C fix? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Possible A/C fix?

CrimsonGT
06-12-2010, 09:23 AM
So i had a thought recently my a/c didn't work in my GT when i bought it only cause it needed refilled. However when i refilled it the clutch kicked and every thing worked fine until i shut my car off. I noticed i have a small pin hole leak on the lower line on the passenger side of the car back against the fire wall. just the other night at work whilst stocking automotive i seen we carry this hole in the metal leak for the compressor,canister ,ect but i didn't see anything mention about it sealing the hole in the line so i am skeptical to buy it and waste money ,so my question would buying JB weld and patching it my self work or do you guys not think the JB weld would hold due to the line expanding and contracting ?

rocketfast123
06-12-2010, 10:36 AM
People have used it on engine blocks. I would still get it vacuum tested to make sure it can hold a vacuum.

AaronGTR
06-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Can't hurt to try. JB weld is pretty strong stuff. If it fixes it, then you saved a bunch of money. If it doesn't work, well it didn't cost a lot to try it.

GA2000GTSpeed
06-12-2010, 12:11 PM
well i would just replace the line, you can find them at junkyards pretty easy. I've had lines hold full vacuum for 10 min and as soon as i fill it, it would just leak out. but thats also always my luck.

CrimsonGT
06-13-2010, 07:44 AM
well i would just replace the line, you can find them at junkyards pretty easy. I've had lines hold full vacuum for 10 min and as soon as i fill it, it would just leak out. but thats also always my luck.

I would replace the line but i am unsure of where it all leads to and since the genius's at GM didn't think about people like me being shade tree mechanics it looks like it's going to be a tight fit. But yeah i suppose i could try it worse that can happen is i am out 23 bux if to don't work lol. I'm just tried of sweating like a ho on nickle day i mean yeah it's nice having a sun roof but it would be even better having an AC that worked lol.

westerndragon
06-13-2010, 09:48 AM
jb should work pretty good just make sure it cures well before you try to run the system, at least 24 hrs

CrimsonGT
06-15-2010, 10:36 AM
jb should work pretty good just make sure it cures well before you try to run the system, at least 24 hrs

Ok thanks for the info i'll give it a shot when i get paid again