Coolant level sensor! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Coolant level sensor!

MyNameIsAdao
06-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Just picked up a new one yesterday. That low coolant light is the biggest annoyance. More so than the Abs/Trac Off Light.

How do i go about ripping the old one out?

rocketfast123
06-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Have you tired tapping the tank above the senor. Might be an air bubble above it.

MyNameIsAdao
06-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Well i tapped it quite a few times with a screwdriver. Beside the sensor, above the sensor, above the sensor on the tank. Ill Go out here soon enough and try to get it out with some tweezers Lol. Any other suggestions?

MyNameIsAdao
06-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Alright. Tweezers were a no go. I tried pinching it, wedging it, tapping it again, and even prying it. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I Dont have tools on me to move the tank.

MyNameIsAdao
06-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Woot. Decided to go grab some tools and remove the tank and do it. Thank god for needle nose pliers. Got that sensor out quick. The new ones In but the low coolant light is still on. Ill just keep adding coolant till it turns off. I've replaced my heater core, water pump, and now that sensor in a months time. These cars seem to have many issues. My cars running a bit hotter than usual. So now I need to replace the thermastat. I've looked up the procedure and it seems simple enough to replace. Other than that just needa replace an asb hub. Ohhhh how I love my grand am. I believe I need to charge my AC to seeing my cars only blowing warm at the moment. Thank god the intake gaskets already been replaced in this car. Or I would have just gotten rid of it.