WAI Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : WAI Question

GrandAmMe
06-12-2010, 12:48 PM
So I just looked at my FRAM filter that hasnt been touched since purchase 2 years ago...and wow. It used to be orange but is now stuffed with big pieces of dust and dirt.

Im thinking this is a good time to but a cone ram air filter, but i have a few questions first. I am NOT looking for performance. I just really like the sound. I have seen this done before where people remove the stock upper intake cover and put the cone filter around the MAF and just let the filter lay in the old lower intake box. Can I just do this? What size filter should i look for?

*Correction* Short Ram Air Intake.

Nick-G
06-12-2010, 12:53 PM
A CAI sounds way better than a WAI. Honestly I don't hear this whistle a WAI is suppose to make anyways.

GrandAmMe
06-12-2010, 12:57 PM
A CAI sounds way better than a WAI. Honestly I don't hear this whistle a WAI is suppose to make anyways.

Im not in it for the whistle. Im in it for the deep sound these 3400's make. Anyone have an answer?

Nick-G
06-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Im not in it for the whistle. Im in it for the deep sound these 3400's make. Anyone have an answer?

You for sure want a CAI then.

GrandAmMe
06-12-2010, 01:19 PM
You for sure want a CAI then.

Nah. Im set on the WAI or w/e its called.

GrandAmMe
06-13-2010, 10:03 AM
*Bump

westerndragon
06-13-2010, 11:02 AM
they are kinda hard to find ive been looking for one for a bit but one for a decent price is hard to find im probably going to build my own

i had a CAI in mine but winter, dirt roads, and some semi-off road to emergency calls killed it if i go "Stubby" i wont have to worry about ice and dirt