Wiring harness ibr-whgm3 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wiring harness ibr-whgm3

MyNameIsAdao
06-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Wondering if anyone here has had experience installing a new deck with this wire harness. I know all about losing the chimes and what not. Just need help with install. Never touched a stereo before.

MyNameIsAdao
06-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Ok. Hooked up all wires according to the wiring diagram.

But I'm getting no power to the unit.

Only wires not connected are the P. Cont , MUTE , ANT CONT, AND a whit/blue wire labeled AMP TURN ON.

Really itchin to get this deck in. Please help.

MyNameIsAdao
06-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Messin with it again I found out the hu has some power. The eject button works but no display or sound. I reeeeeeally need some input. Have photos.

Get at me please.

MyNameIsAdao
06-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Messin with it again I found out the hu has some power. The eject button works but no display or sound. I reeeeeeally need some input. Have photos.

Get at me please.

rocketfast123
06-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Did you connect the red wire to to a switch fuse like the windshield wiper fuse?

ps
It would have been better if you just got the chime box from wal-mart for like $20

MyNameIsAdao
06-19-2010, 04:57 PM
No. I did not. Turns out I had the wrong model wiring harness. Best buy is full of crap.

Got another harness. Model number 70-2003 metra turbo wire cable system.

This is my first ever hu install so you have to speak sorta "for dummies" to me.

Asked the tech at best buy. Said this model should work. He informed me about a blue wire that if connected and if there is no sound I needa get another harness with a pink wire. Then he told me to run a wire(not sure which one) behind the ignition.
He said nothing about wiring it to the fuse box(under hood or driver side fuse box?)

Care to give me a play by play on this? I'm itching for some music.

MyNameIsAdao
06-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Ps. It says not to use the red wire in the harness for the fuse box. If it works with it I say WHY NOT. But what the crap am I going to use if so?

MyNameIsAdao
06-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Ok. Update.

Got the new wire harness hooked up. Ran the red wire from wiper fuse to the new head unit. Only problem is that there is no sound. Power but no sound. I think the guy at best buy mentioned if I didn't get sound id have to buy that other harness. Mentioned something about a pink wire. He took off before I could ask him.

Any input?

I even rechecked all the wires. Everything seems snug.
Only wires that are un used are the p.cont, mute, ant cont on the hu's harness. And on the metra the red, 2 orange(dimmer/illumination) and a blue/white wire labeled amp turn on.

Much need help!

Tisk tisk tisk.

Pauljp
06-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Update.

I guess in the mess of things I forgot a wire.
Everything is working great now. Now I just need a new radio bezel to freshin things up ;)

Glad to hear that you got it working...
:applause:

MyNameIsAdao
06-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Do not have 12 volt power source. I maybe be able to borrow one .

As for the radio, its brand new.
The 6x9's too. Already installed.
Will pm you when I grab that 12v.

MyNameIsAdao
06-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Update.

I guess in the mess of things I forgot a wire.
Everything is working great now. Now I just need a new radio bezel to freshin things up ;)