hesitation after tune up [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : hesitation after tune up

harmlessmcfly
06-19-2010, 03:31 PM
hi all, let me just start off by saying that i've searched but nothing really answered my question. this morning i did a basic tune up consisting of new plugs and wires. got the front plugs out easy and all is fine there. when i was doing the rears, i removed the coil packs and what not's outta the way so i can access ez'r. on the back of the coil pack, there is a plug in connector with 2 vacuum lines going into it. 1 of the lines looks as if it goes into the PCV valve (might be mistaken). so after swapping out the rear and finally going to assemble it all back together, i noticed that where the top vacuum line plugs into is slightly cracked. i didnt think any of it at the time but when i finished and went for a ride i was getting hesitation downshifting from 2nd to 3rd. im going to attempt to gorilla glue it and gorilla tape it so i dont have a major issue. my questions are: 1> what is the part number to this part? 2> could this be causing my hesitation?. i have a 99 ga gt with 160k miles on it and an a/t tranny. it is the first tune up that i've done on her.

harmlessmcfly
06-20-2010, 06:04 AM
bump

harmlessmcfly
06-21-2010, 03:54 PM
no1? any ideas?

MMGT1
08-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Brake parts cleaner, get a can. Start car, spray around intake and top sensor, if RPM's jump, you got a leak. No codes yet?