Tune Up Help... everything. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tune Up Help... everything.

Twiztid Metal
06-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Ok got a 2003 GA SCT 3400, shocker: Has 219,000 Miles on the original motor,
Never changed the intake gaskets, still holding strong, but its getting slugish. what type of tune up should I do to help get rid of the slugish feeling. everything is still pretty much 100% stock besides normal tuneups done. I'm currently redoing my front end, ball joints struts, breaks ect.

thanks guys, just trying to pick some brains.

brand name and possible links would help.

stillriza
06-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Seafoam or those tune-ups in a can,

then change your oil/filter (any reasonable oil/filter will do)

then follow with Plugs, wires, PCV valve, air filter, fuel filter, (stick with an iridium plug like NKG or Delcos/ MSD & Taylor wires work fine)

follow that with injector cleaner and fuel system cleaner.

then find a sensor safe/circuit cleaner to spray down the MAF sensor

then clean up the throttle body with a throttle body cleaner

oil change filter change again..

and if everything is still stock as you mentioned, it's about time you flush out the rad and refill with some new stuff.

power steering fluid and brake fluid too..

Doesnt all have to be done at once.. you can space it out within a few weeks but those are things i'd get done first if mechanically everything is fine..

just some things people over look, the rest is mainly mechanical stuff, like brake pads, rotors, rods, etc.

Twiztid Metal
06-28-2010, 08:00 AM
I just changed my oil, since change 1 iv always use Fram Filter and Mobile 1 oil, best combo ever IMO.

The air filter iv changed several times, I'm running a Fram also,

I was looking into MSD ignition Coils and wires and running NKG Plugs. buying a new MAP sensor and MAF sensor. I guess tearing it down and cleaning the throttle body should be done.

I always run Mid grade and use Injector cleaner every time i change my oil.

Dose that Sea Foam stuff really help out alot?

lvemy3100
06-28-2010, 08:16 AM
fram = junk... buy a NAPA Gold/WIX Oil Filter

no need for MSD coils unless you really got the money to burn.. OEM coils will work just fine up to around 500hp from what I have seen.

Taylor wires are junk and MSD wires are decent but since neither come with any warranty that I am aware of you might as well hit up your local parts store and buy a set with a lifetime warranty so you never have to buy another set.

dont use injector cleaner in every tank unless you are using Lucas injector cleaner in which case I would suggest buying it by the gallon to save some cash.

Dont buy a new maf just clean the one that is on there. If you dont know how do a search on this site and you will find a How To with pics that I made.

You dont need to tear down the top end of the motor but you could take of the intake ducting and using TB cleaner, sprayed onto a lint free rag, then wipe down the inside of the TB.

Mac0083
06-28-2010, 11:08 AM
iv always use Fram Filter and Mobile 1 oil, best combo ever IMO.
fram is a scam. total junk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX0xrqvlsNI