AC Sounds like a Turbo [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : AC Sounds like a Turbo

Grand Am Fusion
07-04-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't know why but sometimes when I turn on the AC and I give it some gas going down the road it seriously sounds like I have a turbocharger installed. I pulled up to my friends house yesterday and he said what the hell do you have in there cause it sounded like a turbo when you pulled up.

Any idea why the AC makes that happen?

WidbyJ
07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Using A/C forces the cooling fans to come on. Check for any blockage or damage, it shouldn't really be too loud...

Grand Am Fusion
07-04-2010, 02:32 PM
There is no blockage. I can put the air on high and it blows like I've never seen A/C blow before. Plus its just as cold as ever so there certainly isn't any problems with blockage or the coolant. Any other suggestions?

AaronGTR
07-04-2010, 02:40 PM
never heard of any problem like this before. No idea what it would even sound like, I'd have to hear it myself to even hazard a guess.

Grand Am Fusion
07-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Well all I know is my friend said he heard is Whistling like a turbo when I pulled up. I've heard it in my car but it not a bad sound I actually like it lol.

WidbyJ
07-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Using A/C forces the cooling fans to come on. Check for any blockage or damage, it shouldn't really be too loud...

I meant to check around the radiator fans, the radiator and in front of it - nothing to do with interior airflow. If the noise is related to the interior air it could be blocked/fouled from where it sucks air under the wiper area. My car sucks leaves down in there sometimes.

PhantomLover007
07-05-2010, 12:54 PM
I meant to check around the radiator fans, the radiator and in front of it - nothing to do with interior airflow. If the noise is related to the interior air it could be blocked/fouled from where it sucks air under the wiper area. My car sucks leaves down in there sometimes.

It's a PITA to get open too...

GrandAmMe
07-05-2010, 09:52 PM
I gotta hear this...VIDEO!