36lb Injector help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 36lb Injector help

G.I.Ceo
07-20-2010, 01:58 PM
I have a set of 36lb injectors that I cracked two of the plastic washers on the end of the injector. The washer sits between the sprayer end and a o-ring. I can still use them to keep the o-ring on but it is cracked in half. I also have been every where to get one and they say I have to buy a new injector. Can I reinstall the injector's that way or does that plastic washer have to be totally in tacked? Anyone have any ideas?

Mac0083
07-20-2010, 02:12 PM
i'd almost be sure that it'll be ok. as long as the o-ring is tite and not going anywhere. i don't think it will affect it's performance, just from the looks of it.

but let others chime in here for good measure.

AaronGTR
07-20-2010, 03:37 PM
I would not install it if it were me. 1) there's a chance you might get a vacuum/boost leak from that and 2) if you have to pull them out later there is a chance the O-ring might roll off and go down your intake port. Not a good thing to happen.

fyi, you do know to use those injectors you have to modify the slot on the top right? It only has slots on two sides which don't line up properly to use the injector retainer clips to hold them in the fuel rail properly. You have to cut the slot by hand so it continues all the way around the top. That, or RC engineering makes a similarly sized 38lb/hr injector with the correct slot. It's a little more expensive, but is a better disc type injector.

Also are you putting these in to use with a turbo or SC?

G.I.Ceo
07-20-2010, 08:24 PM
I would not install it if it were me. 1) there's a chance you might get a vacuum/boost leak from that and 2) if you have to pull them out later there is a chance the O-ring might roll off and go down your intake port. Not a good thing to happen.

fyi, you do know to use those injectors you have to modify the slot on the top right? It only has slots on two sides which don't line up properly to use the injector retainer clips to hold them in the fuel rail properly. You have to cut the slot by hand so it continues all the way around the top. That, or RC engineering makes a similarly sized 38lb/hr injector with the correct slot. It's a little more expensive, but is a better disc type injector.

Also are you putting these in to use with a turbo or SC? I did know to groove the injector to use the clips. Thanks though for giving me a heads up just in case. I am going to use these on a slightly modded 02 GA. I have a Fuel Pressure regulator, these injectors, Stage 1 camshaft, 62mm TB, Stage 3 CAI, a set of under drive pulleys, no exhaust, and a custom made 2.5 down pipe. I have no SC or TC. I just thought these would be a nice upgrade and great to have already when I go and change out the intakes. I just figured they would be nice to have to help control my fuel pressure and help regulate it.

Grandamgtblk99
07-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Do you have a way to tune your PCM for the injectors?

AaronGTR
07-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I did know to groove the injector to use the clips. Thanks though for giving me a heads up just in case. I am going to use these on a slightly modded 02 GA. I have a Fuel Pressure regulator, these injectors, Stage 1 camshaft, 62mm TB, Stage 3 CAI, a set of under drive pulleys, no exhaust, and a custom made 2.5 down pipe. I have no SC or TC. I just thought these would be a nice upgrade and great to have already when I go and change out the intakes. I just figured they would be nice to have to help control my fuel pressure and help regulate it.

yeah.... those are going to be WAY way over kill for your setup. Also you are going to have to change your wiring harness because those injectors use Bosch style connectors and your stock ones are Multec 2's from Delphi.

I would sell those to someone else and get yourself a set of 28lb/hr injectors from the trailblazer/envoy inline six. Those would be plenty for you, will drop right in with no modifications, and will idle better. As stated you'll also have to be able to tune the pcm for them. You can't just throw them in and expect them to run right.

edit: just an example for you for reference... those GTP injectors are what I'm using in my car... and I'm running cam/heads/headers, full 2.5" exhaust, 65mm TB, ported mani's, a supercharger pushing 9psi, and making 300+hp at the wheels. You do NOT need injectors that large. ;)

G.I.Ceo
07-21-2010, 08:44 PM
yeah.... those are going to be WAY way over kill for your setup. Also you are going to have to change your wiring harness because those injectors use Bosch style connectors and your stock ones are Multec 2's from Delphi.

I would sell those to someone else and get yourself a set of 28lb/hr injectors from the trailblazer/envoy inline six. Those would be plenty for you, will drop right in with no modifications, and will idle better. As stated you'll also have to be able to tune the pcm for them. You can't just throw them in and expect them to run right.

edit: just an example for you for reference... those GTP injectors are what I'm using in my car... and I'm running cam/heads/headers, full 2.5" exhaust, 65mm TB, ported mani's, a supercharger pushing 9psi, and making 300+hp at the wheels. You do NOT need injectors that large. ;) Should I keep the fuel pressure regulator or sell it if I sell the injector set-up? Would there be a need for me to keep it?

G.I.Ceo
07-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Well I decided I am going to sell them. I have never installed them and went through all the work of cleaning them and polishing the rails. I think I am going to keep the regulator though. Does anyone know what the psi should be set at?

AaronGTR
07-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, the regulator would be ok... but you don't really need it either unless you are changing injectors or going boost. But if you already have it, might as well keep it for future mods. Stock fuel pressure for 2000+ GA's is 48psi at idle and 55psi at full throttle.

G.I.Ceo
07-22-2010, 06:27 PM
If I decided to install these without computer work will they work alright or will they mess up? I want to sell them now because I just bought a brand new set of S&S headers today.

AleroB888
07-22-2010, 06:48 PM
If I decided to install these without computer work will they work alright or will they mess up? I want to sell them now because I just bought a brand new set of S&S headers today.

Don't install them without computer adjustment, they are out of the range for the PCM to compensate for on its own....

Also make just one mod at a time. Do the headers first, then test before doing any other mods.

G.I.Ceo
07-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Don't install them without computer adjustment, they are out of the range for the PCM to compensate for on its own....

Also make just one mod at a time. Do the headers first, then test before doing any other mods.

Yeah I talked to Milzy and he told me the same thing. I am glad I posted before I installed them. I am trying to sell them now but no one seems interested in buying them for some reason.

Grandamgtblk99
07-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah I talked to Milzy and he told me the same thing. I am glad I posted before I installed them. I am trying to sell them now but no one seems interested in buying them for some reason.

Because most people don't have a way to tune for them, and theres only a handful of people with builds that would require that big of an injector and they already have injectors. Someone will buy them, just gotta wait till someone needs them.

G.I.Ceo
07-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Because most people don't have a way to tune for them, and theres only a handful of people with builds that would require that big of an injector and they already have injectors. Someone will buy them, just gotta wait till someone needs them.

Yeah I know your right. I just jumped the gun on this one and I knew better but did it anyways. The good thing is that I did get a AFPR out of the deal but I am keeping that to myself.

AaronGTR
07-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Could try selling them on ebay. There are several different GM cars/motors those will work on and maybe someone else with a different car might want to buy them who wouldn't be looking on these forums for them.

G.I.Ceo
07-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Could try selling them on ebay. There are several different GM cars/motors those will work on and maybe someone else with a different car might want to buy them who wouldn't be looking on these forums for them. Yeah I have thought about that too. I have one guy that maybe interested and I will wait for him but if I don't get any bites soon then I think I will do that.