Hyperblinking - WTF? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hyperblinking - WTF?

germaphobicmonk
07-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Okay, I just got my new black housing clear corners in today.

I installed them, flawlessly. Put new bulbs in, and for some reason (and maybe it's just me) it looks like the passengers side is hyperblinking. They are not LED lights and I have no idea what it could be.

Suggestions? Ideas?

http://tinypic.com/r/2ch88x2/3 - Passenger

http://tinypic.com/r/255jncx/3 - Driver

B Weezy
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
It's the wiring. Has nothing to do with the housing.

bricooper78
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
got any bulb out in the rear passenger assembly?

if a bulb is out they'll either blink erratic or not blink at all, take a quick look at the back.

if not.....uh, try to flip the turn/parking light.. should make no difference, but worth a shot

germaphobicmonk
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
got any bulb out in the rear passenger assembly?

if a bulb is out they'll either blink erratic or not blink at all, take a quick look at the back.

if not.....uh, try to flip the turn/parking light.. should make no difference, but worth a shot

No. I made sure all of the bulbs in the rear were good too. They ALL blink, just super fast. I also tried swapping the bulbs, but to no avail.

EDIT: Fuses are good too.

bricooper78
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
a bulb blinking fast is kinda weird.. man i dunno, i'll bounce it off a couple buddies tomorrow and if there isn't anything better on here by then i'll let ya know

germaphobicmonk
07-21-2010, 10:12 PM
a bulb blinking fast is kinda weird.. man i dunno, i'll bounce it off a couple buddies tomorrow and if there isn't anything better on here by then i'll let ya know

Ok thanks. I really appreciate it.

PhantomLover007
07-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Weird since it's not LEDs or bad bulb...

B Weezy
07-21-2010, 11:19 PM
10 bucks its the wiring

rocketfast123
07-22-2010, 10:00 PM
good bulbs in the tail lights

bricooper78
07-22-2010, 10:07 PM
well just to rule it out, do you have the original bulbs? just to try them?

also with the wiring, look CAREFULLY at everything, look for anything frayed or snipped or even pinched, if a couple wires are pinched down and have a little leak between them (2 bare wires with 1 or 2 strands touching) that could cause it, but it really should blow the fuse in that case.

that's about the best i got man, hopefully someone with more brainpower will have something better for ya