Vacuum line question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum line question

Mattyj724
07-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Where the **** the the Vacuum line that runs from the Intake right before TB go to?? I was taking it out of the intake and boom it all came out and i dont know what the other end connects to???

Here is a pic of it in the car,.. where does it lead to.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii157/mattyj724/0595-050-engine-480.jpg

hahano404
07-27-2010, 12:44 PM
work comp doesn't show pics. but if it goes into the wire harness, than that runs the hvac controls.

hahano404
07-27-2010, 12:57 PM
hmm nevermind that. you said right before tb. so that would mean its the pcv pipe goin to the rear valve cover.

Mac0083
07-27-2010, 01:41 PM
^ i think what he said. it goes under the distributors, into the rear valve cover.
mine has always been loose.

Mattyj724
07-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Fixed thanks... Yea i noticed its a loose fitting

remiljr
07-27-2010, 08:25 PM
since hes got the pic up i have a question reguarding a vac line also. If your looking at the uim top left. the 3/8 hose coming from there is cut and hooked to a smaller line which runs straight to my a pillar vac gauge. (like this when i bought it) Where is it supposed to go and could this have any effect on my ses light throwing evap code? dont remember code off hand.

hahano404
07-28-2010, 08:02 AM
check vac routing sticker.

believe its map sensor to purge solonoid valve to vac nipple off manifold left of throttle body.

or other way around if your starting at manifold.

anyways, yes that could be the reason for ses. and also that wouldnt have been the spot to run the vac gauge if it were me.

remiljr
07-28-2010, 05:10 PM
check vac routing sticker.

believe its map sensor to purge solonoid valve to vac nipple off manifold left of throttle body.

or other way around if your starting at manifold.

anyways, yes that could be the reason for ses. and also that wouldnt have been the spot to run the vac gauge if it were me.

found that routing sticker and it doesnt show any line there? (far back left of uim)Any idea's? maybe ill pick up a haynes and that will help? wheres a good place to hook up for vac gauge if this spot isnt acceptable/ a place where i wont be throwing a ses?

HOYS
07-29-2010, 09:28 AM
found that routing sticker and it doesnt show any line there? (far back left of uim)Any idea's? maybe ill pick up a haynes and that will help? wheres a good place to hook up for vac gauge if this spot isnt acceptable/ a place where i wont be throwing a ses?

There shouldn't be an issue with that location throwing a SES, esp. and EVAP code...as the vac. will usually not throw an evap code.

On other car's without this extra nub laying around to tap into the intake, I have cut vac. lines and T'd them off for things like cruise control. Don't 100% recommend it on these cars...