Need to know part and name of two hoses [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need to know part and name of two hoses

mr03SCT
07-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Please see attached pic. I need to know what kind of hoses are coming from the two tubes at the top of the coolant reservoir.

Are they 3/8"? Is there a part number?

Can I get these at a local store or is it only a GM product.

Thanks.

Malaclypse
07-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Those hoses bleed air from the highest points in the system to the resevoir.

Straight hose from the parts store will do fine. Just make sure its nylon reinforced. I'm not sure of the size but you could always just slice some off and take it with.

Mac0083
07-29-2010, 07:26 PM
relax. you can walk into an auto parts store with a hose in your hand and they'll sell you by the foot as much as you need. tell them it's coolant hose. they'll match the diameter size for you. you can probably re-use the same clamps on there now, but if not, you get hose clamps of one type or another from auto stores also.

btw, they look n good shape in the pic.
what went wrong? what'd you screw up?

mr03SCT
07-29-2010, 07:29 PM
relax. you can walk into an auto parts store with a hose in your hand and they'll sell you by the foot as much as you need. tell them it's coolant hose. they'll match the diameter size for you. you can probably re-use the same clamps on there now, but if not, you get hose clamps of one type or another from auto stores also.

btw, they look n good shape in the pic.
what went wrong? what'd you screw up?

nothing wrong....just want to replace all my hoses since the car does have 300000+ kms....also I will be replacing the thermostat and coolant reservoir so might as well replace the hoses.

Mac0083
07-29-2010, 07:59 PM
ain't broke? don't fix! ;)

good luck though