Turn signal issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal issue

drzaius
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
My turn signals decided to stop working today. I would have thought it was the common issue with the relay, but the harzard lights work just fine. All of the bulbs are fine, too. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

icecats87
08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
My turn signals decided to stop working today. I would have thought it was the common issue with the relay, but the harzard lights work just fine. All of the bulbs are fine, too. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Same happens to me, and when they stop if i hit the bezel over the head unit on the top they start working but i have no idea why they stop working, would love to fix it. my hand hurts from hitting it so much

remiljr
08-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Same happens to me, and when they stop if i hit the bezel over the head unit on the top they start working but i have no idea why they stop working, would love to fix it. my hand hurts from hitting it so much
lol lol

germaphobicmonk
08-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Do they even blink or are they just hyperblinking?

drzaius
08-04-2010, 06:19 PM
It either works fine or does nothing. No lights, no click, nothing. If I leave the signal on, it will sometimes start working again.

WidbyJ
08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Common problem - replace the hazard switch, may have to go to a dealer to get the right one.

GM designed the electronics inside of the hazard switch module to also be the blink source for turn signals. There is no regular 'blinker' can like the old days. Then again you no longer have to check and fill the blinker fluid.

remiljr
08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
i only use fully synthetic blinker fluid and change every 3k miles.