Power window fuse? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power window fuse?

riZe-
08-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi,
I have a 2002 Grand AM GT coupe and I just recently installed a low end subwoofer and amp system.. ANYWAYS a few days following the installation my passenger side power window will not work yet the drivers side one does. Are the fuses for each window separate? Or could it be something else? If it is a fuse, where might I find it and what amp it might be.
THANKS,
Jeff

juanvan
08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Jello Newbie - did you check your drivers fuse box for any fuses burned?

One thing to know if the Master DR switch is not installed then None of the other ones will work. And if say the passenger switch is disconnected then Master won't be able to work it either. Its all 1 circuit has to be closed.

remiljr
08-12-2010, 05:46 PM
i say motor went bad cuz for installing an amp wiring kit there is no reason to remove either door panel which where you window switches are.

riZe-
08-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Strangely enough the window randomly started working again. I didnt touch the door panel, besides it's much more likely a loose wire elsewhere. Also we did change a fuse when it happened but it didn't fix the problem but later on the window started working.. fuses should start working right after being replaced right? Thanks anyways.

juanvan
08-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Could be a pinched wire somewhere in the door jam.
Or the motor is starting to get old and showing it.
Was the fuse busted when you replaced it?
Yes it would start working right when the fuse was replaced.