Ignition Switch or Fuel Pump????? No Security Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Switch or Fuel Pump????? No Security Light

joey p
08-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I need to know what you guys think. I am having the problem with the car cranking over but not starting. I did have the security light thing happen from time to time and the car does not crank over until I do a reset wait 10 min in on and then off and the car will start. But this problem now is differant. Here is what I did so far. When the car cranked over but didn't start.

1. Tried the 10 min Reset Twice no luck
2. Tried turning the key on and off several times no luck
3. Jacked the car up and pounded on the gas tank no luck
4. Got back in the car and tried the reset three times waited 12 min to be sure I waited long enough on three differant times. On the third time of trying reset the car started.

So Ignition Switch or Fuel Pump???????

Pauljp
08-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Do you hear your fuel pump priming when you turn the key to the ON position?
Press the valve on the left of the fuel rail (using a towel to cover it) to see if you have good pressure.
If both of these are true, then your pump is good.

Malaclypse
08-13-2010, 10:25 PM
I need to know what you guys think. I am having the problem with the car cranking over but not starting. I did have the security light thing happen from time to time and the car does not crank over until I do a reset wait 10 min in on and then off and the car will start. But this problem now is differant. Here is what I did so far. When the car cranked over but didn't start.

1. Tried the 10 min Reset Twice no luck
2. Tried turning the key on and off several times no luck
3. Jacked the car up and pounded on the gas tank no luck
4. Got back in the car and tried the reset three times waited 12 min to be sure I waited long enough on three differant times. On the third time of trying reset the car started.

So Ignition Switch or Fuel Pump???????

Its your passlock sensor. The relearn procedure for your car is to crank and then leave the key on for ten minutes. Then to repeat that two more times. Finally after 30 minutes of relearn time, the car will start.

DoCDooM
07-13-2011, 07:54 PM
About 5 years ago GM was blaming a huge safety issue on low quality gasoline, sun spots and bad Juju, the problem was the fuel tank module from GM is garbage.\Replace the module, fuel pump, regulator and gas gauge sending unit in one.

Low but still poresent fuel pressure and a sticky fuel sending unit caused these problems on my car 02 GAGT Ram Air