99blackgagt [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 99blackgagt

dabroncos12
08-20-2010, 01:28 PM
bought a hid kit off him end of july and asked him to include instructions to install which he agreed to. Package came without any instructions, emailed him he has yet to answer me. Hid kit is covered in eletrical tape and doesnt fit. Dont buy from him!

99blackgagt
09-26-2010, 09:26 PM
HID boxes are covered in rubber tape to avoid electrical arching over from HID box to the car frame. I emailed this buyer and told him i had no instructions. If you can take a headlight bulb out, you can put these in, run the wires through the plastic frame holes and mount the driver's HID box on the curve of the frame by just to the right of the battery. Drill a hole, mount the holding bracket, and slide the HID box in and connect the wires. its pretty simple. For the passenger side, do the same. install the bulb by sliding them into the headlight and secure it with the plastic twist clamp, run the wires through the holes in the plastic piece that the headlight slides in to. mount the mounting bracket just in front of the coolant tank, slide the HID box in, and connect the wires. mount and secure the headlights and make sure the new wires dont get in the way when sliding the headlights back into place. Pretty simple!