Open fuel injector circuit [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Open fuel injector circuit

icecats87
08-22-2010, 10:29 AM
So car is still misfiring more then often now,it throws back the P0206 code which is the open fuel injector on number 6. what is this? whats wrong and how can i fix it?

Malaclypse
08-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Switch injectors between cylinder 5 and 6. See if the code moves. If it does, you need a new injector.

If the code stays on cylinder 6, you either need to repair the wiring for that circuit or replace the PCM.

icecats87
08-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Switch injectors between cylinder 5 and 6. See if the code moves. If it does, you need a new injector.

If the code stays on cylinder 6, you either need to repair the wiring for that circuit or replace the PCM.

already switched injectors so its either wiring or the pcm i have a mpr pcm coming should get to my house tomorrow but then gotta have my parents ship it to my dorm room, if its not bad pcm how do i fix it should i take it to a shop or what?

Malaclypse
08-22-2010, 06:30 PM
If you aren't very skilled with a voltmeter or don't know how to read schematics then taking it to a shop may be the best route.

Pauljp
08-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Injector operation if pretty simple.
Fuse 48 under the hood provides power when the key is on.
This gets fed directly to the pink wire of every injector.
That's 12 volts live all the time while the key is on.
The other wire of each injector is independently controlled by the PCM.
Injector 6 PCM wire color is Yellow/Black and should have a square wave pulse on it.

The control module activates the appropriate fuel injector on the intake stroke for each cylinder.
Ignition voltage is supplied directly to pink wire of the fuel injectors.
The control module controls each fuel injector by grounding the control circuit via a solid state device called a driver.
A fuel injector coil winding resistance that is too high or low will affect engine driveability.
A fuel injector control circuit DTC may not set, but a misfire may be apparent.
The fuel injector coil windings are affected by temperature.
The resistance of the fuel injector coil windings will increase as the temperature of the fuel injector increases.