Fuel injector o-rings [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injector o-rings

75TH
08-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not talking about the upper or lower o-rings. I'm talking about the rings that connect the fuel injector line to the fuel rail line. No one carries this part and they tell me to use the universal ones but can't seem to find the exact size and width. Please help me with the size and part number. Thank you

juanvan
08-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Get a o-ring set kit - it will be more then you need but you will have the o-rings you want.
Dealer does not sell just the o-rings? Or get them from a junk yard.

remiljr
08-25-2010, 10:57 AM
i had this issue with an old 3.8 monte carlo once. i went to advance auto parts and they let me in the back to there o ring kit. got the 2 that were a little different but worked for about 2$. They told me that this type of material used in the o-ring wouldnt hold up as long but i had no issues. Take the injector with you....not the old o-ring and play around with metric and standard sizes till you find what will work for you. and dont over torque.

AaronGTR
08-25-2010, 03:50 PM
i had this issue with an old 3.8 monte carlo once. i went to advance auto parts and they let me in the back to there o ring kit. got the 2 that were a little different but worked for about 2$. They told me that this type of material used in the o-ring wouldnt hold up as long but i had no issues. Take the injector with you....not the old o-ring and play around with metric and standard sizes till you find what will work for you. and dont over torque.

He doesn't need an O-ring for the injector. He said it's for the fuel supply line to the fuel rail. ;)

That one can be hard to find sometimes. Most dealerships will have them, but they charge a lot of money for just a simple O-ring. You should be able to find the correct size in a universal O-ring kit from the auto parts store. I've bought those before and they had at least one that was the correct size.

sugar ray
08-25-2010, 10:52 PM
AaronGTR is correct!

When I did my LIM gasket last spring I too went to the dealership and got raped on the $8 "O" ring charge. Only to drop it while trying to put it on. Once you drop them they fall down near the transmission area and there is ZERO chance you will EVER see it again. So I went to my local parts store and looked in the generic O ring boxes they have. This time I grabbed about 7 of them and because I purchased my gasket kit from them they just gave me the O rings for free. It was GOOD thing I took some spares because I managed to drop another two BEFORE finally getting the bastard on. Generic O ring. Have had it on near 6 months now, NO issues at all!