Harmonic Balancer Ring [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Harmonic Balancer Ring

G.I.Ceo
08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
If you guys seen my last thread then you know I just installed a UDP on my car. Well when I installed it I forgot to use the diagram for aligning the u groove on the ring to my pulley. So I was wondering does any of you know what will happen if the ring in the pulley is not aligned correctly? I was thinking maybe a crank relearn may take care of it?

AaronGTR
08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
You always should do a crank relearn regardless. The ring is usually not aligned perfectly anyway, but when you take the pulley off and put it back on it usually changes position slightly, even if you don't remove the timing ring. Hence the need for a relearn.

G.I.Ceo
08-24-2010, 03:02 PM
You always should do a crank relearn regardless. The ring is usually not aligned perfectly anyway, but when you take the pulley off and put it back on it usually changes position slightly, even if you don't remove the timing ring. Hence the need for a relearn.

So a crank relearn will be fine then? So I won't need to tear this apart again and reinstall the ring the way they are asking me too?

juanvan
08-25-2010, 07:43 AM
yep should be fine with the relearn.