A/C Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A/C Problems

timberwoof
08-31-2010, 10:34 PM
What can I use to find a damn leak in my A/C system? Any suggestions.

rocketfast123
08-31-2010, 10:41 PM
For starters i would just trace the lines till you find a oily spot. Look around the compresser since that's were most leaks are.

cmtapanes
08-31-2010, 10:48 PM
now that we are on the subject my compressor doesn't kick in when I turn the a/c; any good ways to trouble shoot the compressor?

rocketfast123
09-01-2010, 05:22 PM
1. Swap the a/c relay with a good one, and check your fuse.
2. I would ohm/continuity test the high and low pressure switches to see if its low or has to much. You should have continuity on both switches.

juanvan
09-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Before you test any thing - see if there is pressure in the system. Take off the High black cap in the front push the ball in with something - If there is no pressure - you have a leak - 99% of the time its the compressor.

If there is pressure follow rocketfafst's instruction.

Edit:
And there is no way to 'test' the ac pump - either it starts or it does not.

rocketfast123
09-02-2010, 03:21 PM
If you have pressure you will get continuity on the low pressure switch. All the pressure switches are wired in series.

timberwoof
09-03-2010, 05:43 PM
now that we are on the subject my compressor doesn't kick in when I turn the a/c; any good ways to trouble shoot the compressor?

Check the pressure level on the system first, then try the relay, fuses and harness.

I know mine is a leak because I can hear it but just can see where its coming from. I think I will get it on a lift during my vacation.