Tranny problems? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tranny problems?

icecats87
09-05-2010, 02:00 AM
So lately my tranny has been slipping reallly bad, feels like it goes into neutral for couple seconds then accelerates more. car has 125k miles went to a shop they wanted $2,000 to remove and replace. they said its shot but didnt tell me what exactly was wrong.... but not today i was driving it and it wasn't slipping as much maybe half a second and didnt feel like it would be in neutral. does anyone know whats wrong? or is it time for a new tranny again car only has 125k miles so i dont know if it should be shot yet.

Mac0083
09-05-2010, 06:16 AM
when i got my car, it only had 27k miles on it. after about 30k miles of me and road rage, the trans was SHOT.
everybody says that the trans is really weak on these cars, so if you've ever driven it hard, i'd say you've gotten your money out of it for 125k miles.

or have you replaced the trans before?

icecats87
09-05-2010, 11:36 AM
when i got my car, it only had 27k miles on it. after about 30k miles of me and road rage, the trans was SHOT.
everybody says that the trans is really weak on these cars, so if you've ever driven it hard, i'd say you've gotten your money out of it for 125k miles.

or have you replaced the trans before?

I have not but the shop didnt tell exactly what was wrong and now its not slipping as much