CD player illuminate [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : CD player illuminate

B Weezy
09-12-2010, 10:00 AM
I have seen a thread of how to fix the cd player so it will illuminate everything, not just half of it. Only half of the text is coming up. I dont know how to fix it, can someone link me to that how to

hotcarmaster12
09-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I remeber seeing the link but I dont have it. Mine is doing the same thing, and only half of my tach lights up

Pauljp
09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Are you talking about the display being dark on part of it so you can't read what's there?
This is caused by one of three micro bulbs (#1141 at Radio Shack) being burnt out.
You have to take the radio out, open it right up so you have the circuit board in your hands and change the bulb.
It's a pain in the butt, I've done it twice but it works.
I've also taken the entire instrument panel apart and changed the bulb for the tach as it was burnt out too.
If you need more info, I can elaborate.

hotcarmaster12
09-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Are you talking about the display being dark on part of it so you can't read what's there?
This is caused by one of three micro bulbs (#1141 at Radio Shack) being burnt out.
You have to take the radio out, open it right up so you have the circuit board in your hands and change the bulb.
It's a pain in the butt, I've done it twice but it works.
I've also taken the entire instrument panel apart and changed the bulb for the tach as it was burnt out too.
If you need more info, I can elaborate.

How do you replace the tach one?

Pauljp
09-13-2010, 03:47 PM
How do you replace the tach one?

Disconnect the battery.
Take the bezel off.
Loosen the instrument panel.
Unplug the connectors.
Remove the instrument panel.
Put it on your work bench.
Take pictures or make drawings of where all the small screws are in the back so you can put it back together.
Remove the back to get at the circuit board.
There are twist connectors that come out with the bulbs inside them.
The lights are on twist connectors and are in there pretty tight.
I took a small drill bit and used it through the little hole of the twist connector to push the bulb out.
Radio shack sells the replacement bulbs.
Put the new one in, twist the connector back into the circuit board.
Reassemble the instrument panel and reinstall.
It's not as hard as it sounds.

hotcarmaster12
09-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Disconnect the battery.
Take the bezel off.
Loosen the instrument panel.
Unplug the connectors.
Remove the instrument panel.
Put it on your work bench.
Take pictures or make drawings of where all the small screws are in the back so you can put it back together.
Remove the back to get at the circuit board.
There are twist connectors that come out with the bulbs inside them.
The lights are on twist connectors and are in there pretty tight.
I took a small drill bit and used it through the little hole of the twist connector to push the bulb out.
Radio shack sells the replacement bulbs.
Put the new one in, twist the connector back into the circuit board.
Reassemble the instrument panel and reinstall.
It's not as hard as it sounds.
Cool thanks

bricooper78
09-13-2010, 07:06 PM
any idea what pins on the connectors are the power? so you could see about putting 12V into the dash to light it up on the work bench? if you do all that work, why not switch to led? aside the polarity thing, so you'd want to hook it up to power to double check them first, or i would anyways