1998 Grand AM GT 3.1 Fuel pump location [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Grand AM GT 3.1 Fuel pump location

HIFIcanadian
09-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey

So I have to replace the fuel pump because theres not enough gas going into the engine when trying to start it so im stuck with it not running. So I was wondering if the fuel pump is located under the backseat? because I want to take out the backseat, drill a hole in the bottom and take out the fuel pump from right there. The reason why i want to do this is because i was quoted $500.00 in labor to take out the fuel pump.

Thanks

99PGAGT1
09-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Its in the fuel tank. Jack up the car, climb under, find the tank, unbolt the two straps holding up the tank(two bolts) and drop the tank. drilling a whole under the backseat is asenine.

Malaclypse
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah... That'd be a LARGE hole. Think 6 - 10 inches across. And that's only if you're dead on above the fuel pump. That and you risk actually cutting the tank because it sits right under the body of the car.

Just drop the tank.

AaronGTR
09-12-2010, 06:51 PM
So you'd rather cut a hole in your chassis and damage your car and your gas tank than fix it the right way or pay someone else to do it properly? Oooookaaaaay...

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p23/AaronGTR/funny%20stuff/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

HIFIcanadian
09-12-2010, 11:32 PM
The reason why i said this was because I had a Lumina and it was located right on the floor of the backseat and i patched it up, no problems. Anyways I see it now as a bad idea when i looked at where the fuel pump is at.