Sunroof Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Problems

Bener88
09-14-2010, 12:55 PM
I have a 1999 grand am Gt And For some reason the sunroof works normaly but when i go to close it it close's all the way on one side but the other side stay up i read something about calabrating if idk if i need to do that or not if so can some1 tell me how i took the sun roof off thats how i figured out one side went all the way down like its post to and the other side stays up a little bit and it did leak but i had to keep the door shut the door under the sunrroof to stop it from leaking

Bener88
09-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Does anyone no a solution or how to adjust it or something please help me

bricooper78
09-14-2010, 05:15 PM
just a shot in the dark here, and probably won't help, BUT.......

have you checked around all the inside to see if anything is stuck in there?? that would be the easiest way for it to stop working man.

Bener88
09-14-2010, 05:17 PM
I did check that and i have spent id say at least 1 hour or so cleaning it to make sure there isnt anything in there

bricooper78
09-14-2010, 05:42 PM
without taking it anywhere, i'd say autozone, o'reilly, whatever- get you a haynes manual and see if they have the exploded view of the sunroof, it sounds like it's binding, but where is the question

Bener88
09-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Well i took the glass off and the drivers side is going allthe way down and the passenger side of it is going omost all the way looks like its off track or something i cleaned and cleaned and good dirt dust everything out that seemed to help a little not much but not sure whats the problem can it be out of aliement or can u adjust em if so let me no if anyone nos how

Bener88
09-17-2010, 10:55 AM
So no one has a soultion for me?

03gagt
09-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Well IF it is off track, its going to be a pain to get back on. It sounds a little like a bad motor maybe? A lot could factor in to why it wont close all the way, possibly not enough juice from the battery, or something is preventing it from closing. Take the fuse out put it back in after a few minutes, and just keep playing with the open/close button, maybe you will get lucky.