Non grand am related [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Non grand am related

icecats87
09-18-2010, 05:57 PM
My Girl Friends sisters jeep is having some problems, when the engine gets warm and if you turn it on the whole car shakes, and a noise comes from the engine, also when you turn left like into a parking spot the shaking increases alot, not sure what it is anyone have ideas with the info i provided? Its a 1999 jeep cherokee limited i think its a 4.7L V8

350rs
09-18-2010, 07:33 PM
does it keep turning over, very roughly, a bit after you turn it off? ( they call it dieseling). IF thats the case.. thats very much bad for your gas engine. Forget off the top of my head the things to check. but generally means its getting a bit hot. Hows the temp? do a search for that on google. might be able to find something.

As for the turning left thing.. Is it a 4x4 jeep? There are 2 wheel drive jeeps so dont laugh at the question.. Could be a hub or the diff kinda acting up, but chances are the car would do the same turning right or left. What have you checked out on this thing so far?

icecats87
09-18-2010, 07:40 PM
does it keep turning over, very roughly, a bit after you turn it off? ( they call it dieseling). IF thats the case.. thats very much bad for your gas engine. Forget off the top of my head the things to check. but generally means its getting a bit hot. Hows the temp? do a search for that on google. might be able to find something.

As for the turning left thing.. Is it a 4x4 jeep? There are 2 wheel drive jeeps so dont laugh at the question.. Could be a hub or the diff kinda acting up, but chances are the car would do the same turning right or left. What have you checked out on this thing so far?

I cant remember if it kept turning over after it turned off, all i know is after you accelerate it smooths out and is fine untill you turn it off and if you turn it on it will do it again, and its all wheel drive

icecats87
09-18-2010, 07:46 PM

I haven't checked anything they turned it on for me it didnt shake or anything so guess it wasnt warm enough, i checked the belt it was fine just listened for a noise didnt hear anything im going off what they said

350rs
09-18-2010, 10:57 PM
oh so it runs rough while its running. and sometimes you can turn it off and back on and it will run smooth? I might be misunderstanding whats going on.

icecats87
09-19-2010, 08:40 AM
oh so it runs rough while its running. and sometimes you can turn it off and back on and it will run smooth? I might be misunderstanding whats going on.

They said after its warmed up and they turn it on the car shakes. Once they start moving it stops untill they have to turn the car on again

remiljr
09-19-2010, 02:35 PM
what are the rpm's doing? jumpy or just low?

CrimsonGT
09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
It sounds almost like the jeep is out of time when you turn it off the engine is actually trying to run backwards or she could have got some fuel that has some water in it but if the jeep don't have a distributor i am unsure how it could have jumped time. As for the shaking when she turn's left it sounds almost like a hub going bad.

icecats87
09-27-2010, 03:07 PM
found out what was wrong it was a bad transfer case