ignition cylinder [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ignition cylinder

apl
09-25-2010, 12:44 PM
I have the haynes manual but this doesnt answer my question. The two keys that I have for my grand am do not work well. Sometimes I have to jiggle them to get the cylinder to turn. Also I can remove the keys from the ignition before the cylinder is in the full off position. I am thinking either the keys need to be replaced or the ignition cylinder. If it is the cylinder can I just replace that because Autozone wants $160.00 for the complete assembly.

Y2KGA
09-26-2010, 06:20 PM
I have the haynes manual but this doesnt answer my question. The two keys that I have for my grand am do not work well. Sometimes I have to jiggle them to get the cylinder to turn. Also I can remove the keys from the ignition before the cylinder is in the full off position. I am thinking either the keys need to be replaced or the ignition cylinder. If it is the cylinder can I just replace that because Autozone wants $160.00 for the complete assembly.

You can just change the cylinder. It is easy to do as long as you can turn the key on the old cylinder.

After changing the cylinder you will need to do the "relearn" procedure for passlock (do a search).