Headlamp Mounting Bracket [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Mounting Bracket

Kayaus
09-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Before I start anything I DID use the search button, and I couldn't find anything.

A few months ago I made a post, I was in an accident (nobody was hurt again) but the front end of my car took some minor damage. My front mounting panel went from one piece to about 12.

So I found a replacement for it (http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1426698&parttype=819&a=FRc1426698k691167-1675974) down in our GA section, Exterior, Header Panel section.

My mechanic said he'd do everything order the part and install it for $200-$250. Now I found this part for $40 including shipping. Is this part a difficult installation - as in, can someone with a basic technical background fix it? Or do I need to tear apart the entire front end in which case I'll just see a mechanic and pay an installation charge?

My other question is, would it be better to bring it to a mechanic to make sure nothing else is wrong with the car from the accident, while they have the front end off?

I'd be looking at ~$150 vs. ~$225 , but you get what you pay for I assume. Anyone have any advice or install instructions?

dcuballa
09-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Its not really difficult.....with a few sockets you can get it done. You have to remove your front bumper cover and then you expose the headlamp panel.

Kayaus
10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Thank you, I didn't know it was that easy but now I have another question, the 4 pins holding the front end on, where can I get new ones, 2 of mine shattered from the accident, and not sure what you'd call them exactly I know "hood pins" is a vague term.

01GPGT
10-18-2010, 10:21 PM
the push pins can only be had at the dealer. there are two diffrent sizes as well

TheCrownHolder
10-18-2010, 11:13 PM
push pins at the dealer may be a lot more expensive that a normal auto parts store. so if you know what size u need, i suggest trying an autoparts store before a dealer

JRYAN34
10-19-2010, 12:28 AM
junk yard is your best bet. if you take a pic and send it to me of exactly what you need i can get it for you from my local junk yard for hella cheaper. let me know