Wtf?? 70psi fuel pressure at idle. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?? 70psi fuel pressure at idle.

3800SII
10-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Just like it says!!! I replaced the fuel pump on my 04 GT. The unit completly died on me last week without warning. I purchased the unit on ebay new, and everything hooked up perfectly....

I checked the fuel pressure gauge after the install and start because the car was running raggedly. The gauge doesn't lie. 70psi at idle is wayyyyy too high. Can anybody give me a clue as to what is causing this? I hate to have to drop the tank again to take care of this problem, but I really need to get this taken care of ASAP. I already checked the regulator, and the vacuum line is securely attached. This is definetly a problem with the new pump, but what?

Grandamgtblk99
10-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Stock regulator?

3800SII
10-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Stock regulator?

Yep! It is not leaking either. The last time I had a faulty regulator it just leaked. With the vacuum tube off it only maxed out at 61 psi.

I have installed a completely brand new pump! This should not happen. No other problems exist with the car other than this pressure problem. The return line cannot kink or bend much because it is hard plastic. I really have no clue as to WTF is going on??

AleroB888
10-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Yep! It is not leaking either. The last time I had a faulty regulator it just leaked. With the vacuum tube off it only maxed out at 61 psi.

I have installed a completely brand new pump! This should not happen. No other problems exist with the car other than this pressure problem. The return line cannot kink or bend much because it is hard plastic. I really have no clue as to WTF is going on??

You replaced the whole canister, right? Could be a restriction inside the canister. Try disconnecting the return line and run it into a gas can........

3800SII
10-03-2010, 08:51 AM
You replaced the whole canister, right? Could be a restriction inside the canister. Try disconnecting the return line and run it into a gas can........

I am not for sure what it was, but I started the car yesterday, and it was working perfectly. There was probably a restriction somewhere in the return line that finally blew out with all the exessive pressure.

Thanks all!