Help, Electrical mayhem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help, Electrical mayhem

blazingerbs
10-03-2010, 04:07 PM
so for the past couple months I was getting the service vehicle soon light and intermittently, abs and trac off lights. it had a code for emissions leak and i decided to leave it.
now, just last night, the battery mysteriously died. all I hear when i try to start is a few clicks, radio wont even come on and all the gauges bounce around and lights flicker. i was turning my lights on and off and the trunk popped open? door locks work intermittently and chimes sound wrong.
so i boost it
it has a hard start but runs seems fine.
the headlights dim the whole electrical system, battery doesn't seem like its charging but the alternator must be working.
the service vehicle soon light is gone. trac off and abs are on, as well as the check brakes light? ( ! )( P ). the manual says to check brakes for damage and not drive while this light is on. they feel fine, the brake fluid is full.

remiljr
10-03-2010, 08:00 PM
bcm taking a shart? trac and abs is most likey likely a wheel bearing.. check the sensor connections at the wheel bearing itself for that issue.

ryanbgb22
10-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I agree, it sounds like your first problem is a bad wheel speed sensor / wheel bearing causing the abs trac svs. Also, my car did crazy things with an almost dead battery too; and it sounds like your battery might be shot. Replace the wheel bearing, change the battery and go from there.