Turn key and nothing,good battery [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

View Full Version : Turn key and nothing,good battery

10-08-2010, 08:55 PM
My car died and as i tried to restart all dash lights came on but nothing happened,no security light stayed on,and then no dash lights came on after a few tries,the power windows do not work nor does the blower motor with key on.the radio works with key on as does blinkers.

Mike Jung
10-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Check all the fuses ?

10-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I checked fuses again under hood as I was kinda thinking it was ignition before and didn't check all the fuses,and fuse #7 was blown(big fuse),I replaced it and it started.When I was driving the security light was on but did not come back on the next time I drove it.I borrowed ABS fuse and when I replaced it of course the abs/brake light went back out but the service engine soon light/trac off light came on?????? My next time out the engine light and trac off light did not come back on. I have read about some contacts in the passlock ignition sensor that get burned due to poor contact and have to be cleaned,it could of been what blew the fuse??

10-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I took my car to work today and checked codes with GM scan tool and found code B2958 Security system sensor data circuit high.I cleared all the codes.So I am for sure thinking the passlock blew the fuse. I drove the car about 27 miles today and didn't have any problems at all,But know I will soon have to replace either the passlock ignition module or the tumbler assembly.