Electrical problems after car sat, engine swap [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problems after car sat, engine swap

ShortysTRM
10-16-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm posting this from my phone so excuse me if it doesnt make much sense.

My wife has a 2001 Alero with a 2.4. The motor came from a 98(ish?) Sunfire, as she blew her original autocrossing. The car sat in our garage for 3 years unmoved before the swap.

The foglights, cruise control, and horn are non-functional, although the lights in the foglight and cruise switches work. The cruise switch light actually flashes slightly as you're driving, and pressing the horn button lights the cruise switch up as if it were on, as well as dimming the turn signals as if the hazards were on. The blinkers sometimes flash fast, and always flash the turn signals on both sides, but only the marker light on the side you've switched it to. All bulbs are ok. Had leds up front with load resistors, but removed them trying to diagnose the problem.

Not sure if they still do, but both turn signals would flash as you drove, getting faster as speed increased and stopping when you stopped moving.

No CEL. I'm sure there are other problems I'm forgetting at the moment. Wife says cruise didn't work before the swap, either, but I'm sure the switch flashing/horn lighting up the switch wasn't happening before.

.....HEEEEEELLLLLLLP! Lol

EDIT: horn doesn't sound with alarm. The turn signal indicators on the dash glow faintly all the time when headlights are on. Hazard switch was replaced with oem part recently with no change.

ShortysTRM
10-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Nevermind, just getting rid of it lol