no start when cold help! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : no start when cold help!

dgilson86
10-17-2010, 09:09 AM
if anybody has any input on this i would greatly appreciate it. i used to own a 99 gt and never had any problems then some body t boned me so now i own a 01 gt that is a bitch to start in the am when it is cold i have no spark and i am not sure if i have any injector pulse but i do smell a hint of gas but if there is no spark i doubt the injectors are firing so here is what i have done so far

-replaced crank sensor
-swapped ignition modules
-tried the 99 pcm but the 01 doesnt like it
-i have tried all of the security procedures but once it is warm outside it starts and runs beautifuly
oh and i even tried taking the pcm into the house for the night so it would be warm

dgilson86
10-17-2010, 09:16 PM
well i decided to check the cam sensor and found bare wires so i replaced it and actually runs a little more smooth and i just tried to start it since it kind of cold and it worked so ill keep my fingers crossed for the morning

realestdriver
10-18-2010, 11:42 AM
I like the taking the pcm in for the night ideal.

But wires can be a pain in the ass. My car stalled in the stall in traffic in the past when I had a bare wire problem to my control module. It would only do it once the wires got hot and soft. . ..so they were possibly touching. Fixed it and no more problems. . . .. like that anyway haha.

dgilson86
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
you like that well it didnt work so anyway apparently there are two crank sensors which as a mechanic i now feel like and idiot cause i didnt even think about it oh well going to look at it tomorrow and see what i can find. just though maybe somebody had the same problem

dgilson86
10-22-2010, 07:03 PM
it was the ignition switch on the back of the key cylinder put a heater on it 2 mornings ago and it started right up so i replaced it and eveything is great!