I need HELP ! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I need HELP !

STORYbookKILLA
10-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Hey everyone, well I hope someone could help me out with this. I bought a '99 GA GT with 122,000 miles on it. It had a blown head hasket. I replaced the gaskets (all of them in a felpro set) and when I turned the key, it ran good. But its got a PO302 code on the computer. The check engine flashes. I reset the code, but it comes back quickly. The wires and spark plugs are new, the coil has resistance that is acceptable (checked with Chiltons book). The thing is that the Chiltons book and Haynes book is not specific AT ALL about correcting this problem. One thing that baffles the %$#@ out of me is that the fuel guage goes from empty to full on its own. Any idea what could be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SuburbGT
10-18-2010, 03:38 PM
check the fpr...

STORYbookKILLA
10-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Fuel pressure regulator has been replaced. Cylinder 2&5 have spark

STORYbookKILLA
10-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Checked today and it threw a o2 code at me. Now the service engine soon is solid and the check engine is blinking (I didnt even know there were two trouble lights on this thing)

STORYbookKILLA
10-23-2010, 07:31 PM
guess no one wants to help?

Grandamgtblk99
10-23-2010, 08:20 PM
There is a service vehicle light and a service engine light. Vehicle light has nothing to do with engine functions, probably just a bulb out causing that one to come on.

Flashing SES light means a cat destroying misfiring is happening. swap your ignition coils to see if the misfire switches cylinders. Otherwise it could be any number of things. Ignition control module, crank sensor and other stuff.

icecats87
10-24-2010, 12:13 AM
This happened to me couple months ago i had number 6 misfiring, i swapped spark plugs around and fuel injectors around to see if it moved cylinders but it didn't later on i got a P0420 code and a open fuel injector circuit, turns out it was either a bad PCM or it was loose because i had order one from MPR weeks before it happened swapped it in hasn't misfired since.

XtremeGaGt00
10-24-2010, 10:46 AM
cracked sparkplug?

STORYbookKILLA
10-26-2010, 09:31 PM
wound up being the feul injector. Once I had it out, I noticed that it has 5 pinholes that spray the gas into the cylinder (ALL 5 WERE CLOGGED) Once I replaced it, my codes went away and the car runs A LOT better.

STORYbookKILLA
10-26-2010, 09:33 PM
.....still don't know why the gas guage goes from empty to full on it's own. There is no code that comes up for it. Sounds like some spooky Halloween SH*$ to me;crap

tamilrmx
11-08-2010, 02:23 AM
fuel pump isnt out, but your level sensor on it is probably going out