Antenna broke off mount [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Antenna broke off mount

killians31
10-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Hey guys,

I was in the process of changing my antenna out (from stubby to the OEM), and while twisting the antenna off, it took the bolt from the mount with it. So as it sits right now, the mount is completely flat.

Do ANY of you know where i can find this part!? Is this even repairable?

I can post some pictures if that would help.

ANY help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks,
Ben

Z2dr99GT
10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
If you peel back some carpet in the trunk next to the antenna there are mounts with like 2 bolts that just unscrew and the cord for the antenna that goes to the radio will unplug there and you can take the whole assembly out with the rubber stopper and the bolt part that is broke off. then just go to a junk yard and take one off any grand am, plug the wire back in, stick the assemble with the bolt on it through the whole on the car and put the rubber stopper back on, and then screw the bracket back in under the carpet and screw the antenna back on. not real hard and at a junk yard the whole assembly was like $5. I did the same thing when i accidentally took my antenna off with a mail box last winter..oops.
hopes this helps. sorry i don't have any pics.

killians31
10-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Any idea where i can buy this if the junk yard doesnt have it...?

Z2dr99GT
10-25-2010, 02:26 PM
I couldn't find any on line but pretty much all the junk yards i've been to have had at least a grand am se to steal one off of. But either way good luck.

WidbyJ
10-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Or use a generic from any auto parts place. Sometimes bigger is better.....