Starting Issues Help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Starting Issues Help

Rainbow1616
11-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Ok, A few weeks ago I drove My car about an hour or so away. When I went to leave to start it I turned the key and nothing, No click no anything dead. Also I noticed there was no power to the radio. The headlights were bright so I tried the passlock reset thing...still nothing dead. I then turned the key to "on" went under the hood and jumped the starter, The car started right up and power to the radio was restored. I turned the car off and back on and it started right up again normal. Been like this for weeks no problems at all no svs lights everything perfect.
Last nite for My son did the exact same thing, turn the key dead, no radio. I went out this morning to where the car was and jumped the starter, bam everything normal again. Turned the key off and on 4 , 5 times perfect back on.
Did a load test on the battery and it checked slightly off good into weak. The security light is NOT on. I serviced all the battery cables and about a month later it did it again.
Anyone have access to starter circuit schematic or have any ideas?
Thanks!

Rainbow1616
11-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Ok I just found out pulling the negative battery cable off and putting it back on fixes it as well. Starting fine now probably for another month.

Any ideas whats causing this???