Fuel Pump Failure? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Failure?

techmaster330
11-03-2010, 01:56 PM
I was driving a friend home last night and we stopped in her driveway a noticed that I could smell gas and that it looked like there was steam coming out from under the hood. I popped it cleared up but I was concerned so I drove it easy on my way home and noticed it cutting out a little going up hills. This morning I started it to see what the problem was and where it was coming from but before I had a chance to pop the hood the car stalled and would not start. Could this be the fuel pump or something else?

G.I.Ceo
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
If you are having gas coming from your hood it could be a injector leak or a fuel pressure regulator leak. The fuel pump is located in the back end of these cars? Can you determine whatr side of the motor the smoke was coming from?

AaronGTR
11-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Irony of someone choosing the name "techmaster" and not knowing what end of the car the fuel pump is on? High...

just yanking ur chain man. Most common cause of fuel smell and leakage under the hood is either failed fuel pressure regulator, or a damaged o-ring on the supply line going to the rear rail (if no work has been done on the car recently that is unlikely though). Could also be a failed injector o-ring.

techmaster330
11-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm still learning on my cars and such, I'm only 17. My user names techmaster cause I've been a certified computer technician for like a year now.

Anyways the smoke/mist whatever was coming out right behind the motor, below the spark wires.

AaronGTR
11-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Could also be a hole in the EVAP tube going back to the fuel tank, but then that would definitely set off a check engine light so...

techmaster330
11-06-2010, 10:42 AM
My SES light was on anyways because of my CAI.