Wiring Projector Headlights - Verify if correct [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Projector Headlights - Verify if correct

Kullski
11-09-2010, 12:54 AM
The projector headlights I want off of eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Grand-AM-CCFL-Angel-Eye-Halo-Projector-Headlights-Black-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aGrandQ20AmQQhashZi tem33626a7797QQitemZ220694476695QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ 5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

However, I was wondering if would work.
I would want to rewire the 9007 stock socket to H3 and H11 bulb and they would obviously share the ground. Then the H3 socket would go to low beam ballast and the H11 socket would go to the high beam ballast. Then Plug in the bulbs as normal.

Would rewiring the stock 9007 work this way? Also is it pointless getting a highbeam HID or should I keep it as a halogen?

2000 GT Coupe
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
the headlight housing will come with a wired plug that will plug directly into the stock wiring it will split the low and hi beams for you.
You will need to wire in the halo's separate, either into the parking lights or into a switched power source.

Kullski
11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
How would that work???
My current 9007 socket got to the ballast (ie no wiring harness just the adapter). So how the heck is that plug and play when that headlight gets plugged in the stock socket. How am i supposed to wire the ballast. I am not using a wiring harness because on GA the bulb out warning goes off if both stock sockets are not plugged in

Bryan
11-10-2010, 10:27 AM
What the hell are you talking about man? The headlights you're getting are going to come like Gene said. If you currently have HIDs and want them in the projectors, you'll need new bulbs. If you know how to install HIDs, you'll be fine..and please use a relay harness.

Kullski
11-10-2010, 03:30 PM
you guys make no sence. Please look at the back of these headlights...They are wired directly to the 9007 socket...

To wire a HID you wire the 9007 to the ballast.

Do you understand now?

2000 GT Coupe
11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
take a look at this thread, you may not need to cut the panel, My lights did not require it.
but the pictures will give you an idea of what we are talking about.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74248

Kullski
11-10-2010, 04:16 PM
forget it. Ill just do it....No one of you know what your talking about.

SikMindz
11-10-2010, 04:36 PM
1. Ask for help.
2. Ignore the help.
3. Berate the help.
4. DIY.

Sound logic there...bahahaha....OP thread fail.

burgett2103
11-10-2010, 04:52 PM
i had those same headlights a couple years ago. it's all plug and play and I wired halos separate to a toggle switch. don't know what else your wanting to figure out

Kullski
11-10-2010, 05:03 PM
How do i wire the 9007 socket to the ballast?

My hit kit is a straight kit from the 9007 socket to the ballast. If i do that the headlight plug into NOTHING

Bryan
11-10-2010, 10:04 PM
The headlights you're buying are NOT plug and play for HIDs. Use a relay harness, splice into your stock harness for the turn-on wire, ground the ground wires, and power to your battery. I don't even want to know how your HIDs are currently installed, as it sounds like you're lacking the basic wiring knowledge to correctly do so.

BattousaiX33
11-11-2010, 09:43 AM
How would that work???
My current 9007 socket got to the ballast (ie no wiring harness just the adapter). So how the heck is that plug and play when that headlight gets plugged in the stock socket. How am i supposed to wire the ballast. I am not using a wiring harness because on GA the bulb out warning goes off if both stock sockets are not plugged in

with the projectors you need new hid bulbs, here is a pic with a different set of projectors but you get the idea. you have to swap out the pins in the 9007 connector to make it work. in the pic the hid low beam wire goes to the ballast and the other wire from the ballast goes back to the connector. this is the relay harness i got. http://www.hidny.com/product.sc?productId=82&categoryId=21

What the hell are you talking about man? The headlights you're getting are going to come like Gene said. If you currently have HIDs and want them in the projectors, you'll need new bulbs. If you know how to install HIDs, you'll be fine..and please use a relay harness.

*iagree*

Kullski
11-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I didnt use a relay harness right now because the relay harness only plugged into the 1 9007 socket and that caused a bulb out warning so i had to buy these

http://www.superbrightbulbs.com/images/auto_bulbs/hid/9004_harness_power_wm.jpg

Because that plugged in both 9007 sockets

If i use a relay harness ill get the GA warning light on

Kullski
11-11-2010, 01:29 PM
thanks BattousaiX33