Converting projectors to HID [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Converting projectors to HID

PhantomLover007
11-24-2010, 11:49 PM
OK. The projectors I have are close to the basic kind you get off E-Bay. H1's for the highs and lows. The wiring job seems like it's been hacked and I pulled one of the bulbs out today to try and get a brighter bulb and to TRY and align them alot better. I still have my OEM headlights to help w/ a reference for the alignment, but I don't have the plastic rings that lock the 9007's in securely.

Anyways... when I tried to reinstall the whole light, the low didn't come on. The high did though. The bulb is good, but IDK about the wiring. I know that I popped the fuse and I fixed that, but it still doesn't work. Inside the rubber cap over the connectors, there are what look like the basic electrical connectors similar to what is used on speakers (the blade type). Also, there is a wire clip that locks the bulb into place Does anyone else have the same type of set up (connector and wire clip)

As far as the conversion.. how do you pull the whole assembly that holds the H1 bulb into place or do the HID's set like the H1's? Can you put 9007's into projectors?

Sorry if I've confused anyone.

2000 GT Coupe
11-25-2010, 05:13 AM
PL my civic uses that H1 bulb I can help if someone does not chime in first. I wont be able to go through it till later this evening or even tomorrow.

speedfreak1
11-25-2010, 06:34 AM
you can get H1 KID kits. I have 6k 35watt HIDs in my lows and 6k 55watt hids in my highs. with some kits you do have to do a little trimming on the base of the HID bulb, but its a very easy mod